POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Max_Intersections? : Re: Max_Intersections? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 10:18:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Max_Intersections?
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 3 Mar 2004 05:39:10
Message: <4045b5ce@news.povray.org>
> No, max_intersections is per ray, while max_trace_level tells how many
rays
> can be there.

Sorry for being dense, but let me just think: I shoot a ray and hit an
object. When it gets reflected or refracted, I go to the next trace_level
until max_trace_level is reached. I still don't get what max_intersections
actually saves and why. If I'm annoying, then just settle it with "too
technical", okay? :-)

I guess I'd understand it, but I don't want to waste your time, so feel free
to tell me to bugger off. ;-)

Regards,
Tim

--